04 Feb Why you should be putting social media engagement first
15 years ago social media was in its infancy and our experience of communicating with brands and businesses was one way until we walked through the door of that business, purchased a product or phoned customer services.
Traditional advertising methods were crucial to spreading the word about your business but they are essentially a passive conversation, which enabled businesses to showcase their products and services to consumers.
Fast forward to 2020 and things are very different. Digital marketing and in particular social media means businesses are now expected to produce content that tells their story and creates a two-way conversation.
Furthermore, it’s a proven fact that businesses whose sales and marketing team invest in social media and nurture their contacts see an average of 119% better ROI (Source: Shareable 2019).
Here are 5 more reasons why you should be focussing on social media engagement:
- The proofs in the pudding: When people visit your pages and see happy and engaged customers they are 8 times more likely to purchase your product or service.
- It will expand your marketing reach: Social media is a saturated place and it can be hard to get seen. The algorithm focusses on quality interactions. Essentially the more engagement you are getting on your posts, the higher they will rank in the newsfeed.
- It will connect you with influential people: People are 16 more times likely to purchase a product that is recommended by someone they know and trust. In 2020 this has extended to people we regularly interact with online. Engaging with these people means you will have the opportunity to develop those relationships and take them offline.
- Improved customer loyalty: Brands who engage and listen to their customers online will see an increase in customer loyalty and retention.#
- You will know what your customers want to see: By engaging with customers and measuring their engagement you will understand what resonates with them. Paving the way for future success.
The Sussex Social specialises in helping businesses to effectively use their social media in a strategic and measurable way. We do this through a combination of strategic development, training and ongoing consultancy. If you would like to find out more then do check out our website: www.thesussexsocial.co.uk