I am pleased to share the latest update on the support that Coast to Capital and our Growth Hub Team are providing to businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as post UK transition from the EU.
Over the past three months, our small but highly dedicated Growth Hub team of advisers have been working with delivery partners to deliver a range of Post Brexit Transition services. Business support engagement currently includes:
- Reaching out to over 1,400 businesses and undertaking over 300 Brexit Risk Assessments – via Blueberry Marketing
- Providing specialist 1-2-1 Brexit Transition Advice to over 50 SMEs – via Newable
- Contacting over 200 unique companies and completing over 35 risk / impact assessment surveys – via membership organisations
We are also working with delivery partners to deliver a range of services, including a tailored support service, a series of specialist webinars and the provision of an EU Transition Helpline.
The full update can be read in the attached document.
Please find below an update on additional pieces of work that we are supporting:
- Gatwick Freeport bid – Coast to Capital led a bid for Freeport status at Manor Royal last month, aiming to directly drive recovery in Crawley and support the Government’s plans to boost the post-Brexit economy. Proposals would create a new Freeport at Gatwick Airport and the Manor Royal Business District, known as the ‘Gatwick Freeport’. You can now view the full bid for Freeport status at Manor Royal online here.
- Skills 360 Board champion construction – At the Skills 360 Board last week, our construction champions shared progress on a sector spotlight project and reflected on progress to date on delivery of the Skills Strategy and Action Plan. Papers for this meeting are available to read online. If you have any questions for the Board or are interested in potential collaboration opportunities please get in touch.
- International Women’s Day 2021 – We are looking forward to celebrating International Women’s Day next week by sharing progress on a number of initiatives and case studies on inspirational female business owners. Our Chair, Julie Kapsalis will be discussing how AI is helping us to bring forward the full potential of women innovators at the Innovate UK ‘Southern Pioneers’ event on Monday 8 March. Follow us on Twitter @coast2capital for updates on the day and use the hashtags #ChooseToChallenge #IWD2021 to get involved.
Head of Services