I am pleased to share the latest update on the support that Coast to Capital and our Growth Hub Team are providing to businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as post UK transition from the EU. This includes:
- Support for Businesses – In 2020 our Services team were at the frontline of supporting local businesses. Throughout the course of the pandemic, the team have triaged more than 2,500 enquiries. In addition, we are here to help businesses address the challenges faced now during the post Brexit Transition period. We know the challenges faced by business so far in 2021 and we remain committed to providing impartial and free advice. Read the full post ‘Support for businesses available across the Coast to Capital area’.
- Post EU Transition Service – We are working with delivery partners to deliver a range of services, including a tailored support service, a series of specialist webinars and the provision of an EU Transition Helpline.
The full update can be read here Coast to Capital Growth Hub COVID 19 Support Update – 27.01.21
Please find below an update on additional pieces of work that we are supporting:
- Skills and Labour Market Impact Assessment – We have carried out a Skills and Labour Market Impact Assessment to gain valuable intelligence on how COVID-19 has impacted the labour market, the availability of jobs and the skills needs in the Coast to Capital area. We have published two versions of this impact assessment to date, the original report which shows data to June 2020 and an updated version showing data to October 2020. The update should be read alongside the original report, and both are available in the related resources section of this page. We will review and update this report on a quarterly basis to reflect the fast changing nature of the environment we are currently in.
- £2 million European Social Fund available in Coast to Capital – The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) launched two Direct Calls from the ESF Reserve Fund for a total of £2 million for the Coast to Capital LEP area this week (18 January). Applications are open until midnight on 15 March 2021. Full call specification can be found here.
- FE White Paper: Skills for Jobs – Department for Education recently published a white paper ‘Skills for jobs: lifelong learning for opportunity and growth’ which sets out reforms to post-16 technical education and training to support people to develop the skills needed to get good jobs and improve national productivity. We will be discussing how we can take forward the opportunities presented in the paper and ensure a collaborative local approach across the Coast to Capital area, at our next Skills 360 Board meeting on 23 February. More information is available online here.
We are currently looking at how we can best support and showcase International Women’s Day which takes place on Monday 8 March. Please do email Helen Weedon in the first instance with any IWD events that are taking place in the Coast to Capital area, which you would like to be promoted.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Head of Services
Coast to Capital