18 Nov Tisshaws Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Tisshaws Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
With the pledges of COP26 still fresh in our minds, we thought this was a good time to remind ourselves of our own commitment to make a positive impact both in our business practices and on our environment.
While any Corporate Social Responsibility policy must be a work in progress, refined and reviewed as necessary, here are the pledges that we aspire to.
– To provide a business environment in which our people enjoy working and where we all work towards our business goals with mutual support and respect.
– We recognise the importance of training our staff and are invested in developing their legal and professional skills.
– We want staff to enjoy happy and fulfilling lives outside of the workplace and so do not impose unreasonable work demands and have a flexible working policy.
– We have a formal health and safety policy that underlines our commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
– We have a formal equality and diversity policy and are committed to equality of opportunity in out recruitment and employment practices.
– We aim to deliver a service that is consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards, and are proud of our openness, honesty and integrity. When working with clients, we always:
o Use plain language
o Highlight all legal options available and recommend the most appropriate for the client’s circumstances
o Keep clients informed of both status and costs
o Protect a client’s confidentiality and the security of their data
o Treat all clients equally
– We have a robust policy to ensure that all suppliers meet our own high standards.
– We are committed to engaging with the local community and appreciate our responsibility to that community.
– We actively support many local charities with both donations, fundraising and volunteering (when Covid allows)
– We recognise the importance of environmental issues – locally, nationally and globally and we try to reduce our impact on the environment with a comprehensive recycling for paper, plastics, cardboard and ink cartridges.
– We are moving towards becoming a mainly digital operation and stationery is only used where necessary.
– Staff are conscious of wasting energy so lights are switched off in empty offices and heating is turned off at the end of each day.
HHBA directory profile – https://hhba.co.uk/members-directory-search/tisshaws-solicitors/