Our grants scheme recognises the need for organisations to be able to deliver crucial pieces of work during this difficult time, particularly small grants to cover adaptation, innovation and to revisit business plans and strategies in light of Covid-19 impacts and opportunities.
The South Downs is a loved and valued place to live and visit and the quality of the experience of this landscape is enhanced by the diversity of independent businesses, tourist offers and cultural destinations – from its fantastic food and drink and beautiful places to stay to its cultural experiences. It is the vibrant businesses and destinations within the South Downs that add to it being such a special place to visit, and we know for each of you, Covid-19 has hit hard and ongoing support is needed to navigate changing circumstances and build a recovery plan that works for you.
The aims of these small grants is to:
- Provide ‘kick starter’ seed funding to adaptations or initiatives that help you to deliver new or enhanced business
- Provide funding to review, reassess or revise strategic / business plans, mapping out a new future for your business or organisation in light of emerging opportunities and
- Support opportunities to test viability and the potential for new ways of working, including staff
- Provide a source of small scale funding to enable businesses and organisations to deliver initiatives or reviews without having to utilise their own
What is available?
We are launching a small grants scheme, awarding funding of between £500 – £2000 to eligible businesses and organisations within the South Downs National Park.
We want to ensure our resources can support as many organisations as possible, so would urge applicants to consider carefully the financial ask they would like to submit to the Fund. You are not required to have match funding to apply to this fund, but if your application is for a project with match funding, please specify this on the application form.
We know organisations need funding now to support initiatives to adapt and react to opportunities and challenges. We will therefore be paying the full grant as an up-front payment to successful applicants. However, we will require all applicants to comply with Terms and Conditions, and a failure to do so may result in SDNPA requesting the return of awarded funds.
What are the timescales and deadlines?
The Fund will open on 4th August 2020, and will operate in two rounds with the following deadlines:
- Round 1: 31 August 2020 (12 noon)
- Round 2: 30 September 2020 (12 noon)
Successful applicants will be notified of their grant award by the following dates:
- Round 1: w/c 21 September
- Round 2: w/c 26 October
Full details can be found here >>