Throughout this crisis, our priority has been clear: to protect lives and The Prime Minister has announced new national restrictions that will prevent further spread of the virus.
We know how worried people are – about their health, the health of their loved ones, their jobs, their businesses, and their financial security. And that’s why the Government’s economic priority remains the same: protect jobs.
To support this, we are announcing:
- An extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme until 2 December
- More generous support to the self-employed and paying that support more quickly
- Cash grants of up to £3,000 per month for businesses which are closed
- £1.1 billion for councils to enable them to support businesses more broadly over the coming months, as a key part of the local economy
- Plans to extend existing Loan Schemes and Future Fund to the end of January and an ability to top-up Bounce Back Loans
- An extension to the mortgage payment holiday for homeowners
- Providing councils with up to £500m of funding to support the local healthcare response
These announcements will give businesses, whether they are open or required to close, the flexibility to adjust and plan over the coming months – and comes on top of the £200 billion package of support we have committed since the beginning of the crisis.
Read the full document here >> ECONOMIC_SUPPORT_UPDATE__NOVEMBER__FINAL-1
The announcement is outlined at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/furlough-scheme-extended-and-further-economic-support-announced?utm_source=223c6b3f-5b32-4f8f-8d9d-91d29cb5025e&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate