09 Dec Discretionary Grant Scheme – Last few days to submit an application!
The COVID19 Additional Restrictions Discretionary Grant Scheme applies to all businesses affected and not just those closed. You would need to apply for the business grant at https://midsussex.grantapproval.co.uk/ by midnight on the 13th December.
The local Guidelines are:
Summary of eligibility criteria
- An applicant can apply despite receiving other grants although this may be considered in any award decision.
- An applicant must be a business trading successfully on or before 5th November 2020
- An applicant must be either required to close or are severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of COVID19 (e.g. businesses which supply the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector, markets, shared workspaces etc.)
- A business operating as a B&B may apply, however this excludes Air BnB
- Any business operating must be operating within the boundaries of Mid Sussex and apply to Mid Sussex District Council.
- Any business with business rates arrears owed to any West Sussex Council may be stopped from receiving an Additional Restriction Grant, although they may be given an opportunity to bring their accounts up to date.
- Businesses in administration or which are insolvent are not eligible to apply, neither are businesses where a “striking off” notice has been made.
- Businesses must provide relevant documentary evidence to support their application, as set out in the online form.
- Where a business is run from a private home they will be able to receive a grant provided they meet the criteria
- Any grant award is subject to due diligence checks, including State Aid compliance.
Timings and process for awarding grants
- Applications will be accepted from the 23rd November 2020 to midnight on the 13th December 2020
- Mid Sussex DC Revenues team will check applications (in collaboration with the Economic Development and the Communities Team) for eligibility and evaluate applications then shortlist businesses recommended for a grant
- Mid Sussex DC Revenues team will review and assess the appropriate category based on unavoidable business related fixed costs and will estimate the equivalent rateable value of the premises that the business is operating from, if this is not available (Mid Sussex District Council reserves the right to change the criteria for the grant you apply for)
- Exceptional circumstances grants (of up to £10,000) will be subject to additional review and need to meet all the criteria. Please give as much detail as possible in your application to be considered.
- Mid Sussex DC Revenues team will carry out due diligence checks on the shortlisted applicants
- Delegated named senior officers will make the grant awards, referring to Executive Members where appropriate. The Council will email them the outcome, either with a remittance advice or by email advising of the outcome on the weekend of the 19th and 20th December 2020.
- Payments will be made by BACS on 21st/22nd December in time for Christmas to successful applicants
Please apply at https://midsussex.grantapproval.co.uk/
For any enquiries please email the email@example.com