Giving Tuesday (29th November) is a global awareness day created in 2012 to encourage people to do good. This global movement inspires millions to give, collaborate and celebrate generosity.
Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity are using this specific day to launch their Christmas Appeal, one in which they ask the community to give towards their Home Play (or Outreach sessions) for children with Cerebral Palsy. Their target of £6,000 equates to one month of home play for children who need to access the service and hope to achieve this before the children break up for Christmas on the 22nd of December.
Comprising 1-2-1 sessions with an Outreach worker, each child is supported with specialist equipment in a “play” setting which encourages eye contact, increased attention span, fine motor skill and physical development. Each home play session is £55.47 or £2,662.50 per child per year, they receive no statutory income from the Government and all their services are Free of Charge to families.
Quote from Glenys Creese (Executive Manager at Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity)
“We realise that everyone is struggling this year, the cost of living has increased and we too feel the burden. If you can give anything at all this year, please choose us and the children in your community. We are always incredibly thankful”.
- Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity is dedicated to supporting families with children under 5 years old with cerebral palsy and other motor learning difficulties.
- Our Charity was created to give very special children a place where they can learn and thrive in a warm, supportive setting that understands their unique journey.
- Through our early intervention service and support network, we work alongside our families to give their children the best possible start in life – so that they can realise their full potential.
- We receive no statutory funding and rely entirely on the community to raise our funds. Your support is extremely important to us and we are grateful to each and every one of our supporters.
Ways to donate:
- Website dvlcc.org.uk/support
- Ring 01444 473274
- Post a cheque to our Cuckfield address