This is the latest update of the support that Coast to Capital LEP and the Coast to Capital Growth Hub Team are providing to businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses are encouraged to complete an Expression of Interest Form for Future Funding and will be contacted when the scheme is launched.
ERDF funding to support SME restart and recovery and kick starting tourism package
The Government has previously published two announcements about grant funding to help smaller businesses recover from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are pleased to announce that we have been allocated £400,000 of new European Regional Development Fund to help small and medium sized businesses access grants of between £1,000 and £3,000 with £5,000 in exceptional circumstances.
The fund comprises of:
- £250,000 for small and medium-sized businesses
- £150,000 for tourist related businesses.
There is no obligation for businesses to contribute financially as the grant is fully funded.
This fund delivered by our Growth Hub is not available to businesses in Croydon or Lewes, as they are funded respectively by the London Economic Action Partnership (LEAP) and the South East LEP (SELEP).
Please note that these grant schemes are due to open in partnership with Enterprise M3 and Thames Valley Berkshire Growth Hubs on 7 September 2020. Further information and the application process will be published on the Coast to Capital and Growth Hub websites on 7 September 2020
In the meantime businesses are encouraged to complete an Expression of Interest Form for Future Funding and will be contacted when the scheme is launched. You can also follow us on Twitter @c2cgrowthhub for regular updates.
Coast to Capital Business Recovery Grants
We are pleased to announce that a new £2.1 million grant scheme, ‘Business Recovery Grants’ is due to launch this week to provide businesses in the Coast to Capital area (East Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton & Hove, Croydon and Lewes) with a cash injection of between £10,000 and £170,000.
The programme will provide up to 50% of an expansion project for organisations that can demonstrate a clear link to COVID-19 recovery and growth. In addition, Coast to Capital are looking for businesses to set out plans for job creation and job retention to improve employment rate in the local area and also projects that have social value.
Diversity and equality are core values for Coast to Capital and we particularly want to receive applications from women, BAME, disability and LGBTQ+ led businesses and reach out to those businesses directly and through membership and support organisations.
Please note that further detailed information including expression of interest forms will be posted on the Coast to Capital and Growth Hub websites on 1 September 2020.
Support and guidance for employers
We have brought together the top tips for local businesses with up-to-date information on COVID-19 guidance, organisational development and financial support.
- COVID-19 advice and guidance for Tourism and Leisure business leaders – if your business is based in West Sussex this guidance can help your business be COVID-Secure.
- West Sussex Public Health have produced a comprehensive document that summarises the information that you will need to follow in order to reduce the risk of outbreaks. This includes key guidance, advice on prevention and what to do if any of your employees develop COVID-19 symptoms.
- Backed by government and supported by some of the UK’s leading businesses, the Mentor for Growth by Be the Business scheme is structured to give ongoing support and advice to leaders of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Small businesses affected by late or unfair payment practices can use The Small Business Commissioner’s complaint investigation service. If you are struggling with late payments, contact their team
- The Step-up SME programme is facilitated by The University of Brighton and for SMEs in the South East Coast to Capital area which will introduce businesses to working with universities, and give them early access to the talented graduates you need for your business.
Coast to Capital LEP Annual General Meeting – ‘Our Future Recovery’
We are delighted to invite you to our virtual Annual General Meeting on Thursday 17 September, from 10:00 to 11:30 am.
The meeting will provide an opportunity to hear from our new Chair Julie Kapsalis, as well as an update on our recovery planning. Along with a live Q&A and discussion with some of our Board Members. The full agenda will be confirmed and shared shortly, in the meantime find the details and registration here.
Peer Networks programme launched
Peer Networks is a national peer-to-peer networking programme for small business leaders that want to grow and develop their organisation for future success.
Delivered locally by our Growth Hub, the newly launched programme creates diverse cohort groups of individuals to collaboratively work through common business issues. Through interactive action learning, this enables the discussion of challenges and provides valuable feedback to implement practical solutions to overcome them. From finance and HR to sales, marketing and more, an expert facilitator will give you the flexibility to create a trusted support network, helping to build and strengthen your business and improve overall performance.
The programme is available to any SME business that has:
- operated for at least one year
- at least five employees
- a turnover of at least £100,000
- an aspiration to improve
- And ideally has the potential to scale up or export or is exporting already.
Please note that this programme delivered by our Growth Hub is not available to businesses in Croydon or Lewes, as they are funded respectively by the London Economic Action Partnership (LEAP) and the South East LEP (SELEP).
The programme is completely free and businesses can register their interest here.
Please find attached a copy of the promotional materials, which outline the programme criteria, benefits and delivery. We would appreciate it if you could share this with your colleagues, network, and/or members.
Information – Coast to Capital Growth Hub Portal
The Growth Hub Team continue to maintain the COVID-19 section of the Growth Hub Portal with links to the available support. We continue to collate partner information and place it in our COVID-19 Business Support area of the Coast to Capital Growth Hub.
A wide range of webinars and online events are available for businesses to access. We regularly update our event pages on the Growth Hub website to include information from membership organisations, the private sector and business support providers.
We remain keen to work in partnership with business support organisations to deliver a coordinated range of activity during these challenging times.