30 Mar Backing Business Grants from the Local Enterprise Partnership
The Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Coast to Capital have announced a new grant scheme to help small businesses in addition to those being offered by Government.
Details of the grants can be found on the LEP’s website here https://www.coast2capital.org.uk/backing-business-grants
Key points about the scheme, which I hope is helpful.
If you are a business or social enterprise based in West Sussex, Brighton & Hove, or East Surrey (Epsom and Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge) with 5-50 FTE (full time equivalent) workforce who has been trading for over 2 years and have an annual turnover of under £10m, you can apply for a grant of £5,000-£25,000 to fund specific measures to help you to adapt, evolve and innovate to the various economic impacts brought about by the pandemic.
Applicants must use the grant to implement one or more of the following measures:
- Adapt their operations to remote working. This might include acquisition of computer hardware or software or other physical measures to support the separation of staff and deliver sustained operations;
- Evolve their business model to boost and retain cash-flow. This might include firms which are no longer able to sell directly to customers and need to add new delivery or marketing functions;
- Innovate their business model to meet the new demands of consumers during the COVID-19 scenario.
Coast to Capital have also now confirmed the following additional support services:
- Supporting Businesses: Coast to Capital’s Growth Hub team’s resources have been strengthened and they will be supporting businesses through our dedicated website: signposting guidance, offers of funding where available, and providing specialist advice from their network of Growth Champions.
- Business Intelligence: Coast to Capital are speaking as one voice as a region on the impact on businesses and the economy. They are reporting weekly to Government and we have launched a regular Chief Executive blog ‘Economy Watch’ sharing stories from across the region. If you directly work or know of any businesses that are being impacted by COVID-19 then please share these stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All links are also on the MSDC website under the ‘Information for Businesses’ section of the Council’s website or click here